Tuesday, October 12, 2010

From the Weirdest to the Easiest Week Yet!

So sorry i haven't updated for awhile. I have had a few things going on from fighting some flu like bug to issues with international finance. I've been continually bombarded with stuff for the last week or so. But... this week is pretty great. Firstly the students are on Fall Break (more or less) which is ten days long as I understand it. And Teachers have in-service meetings Mon-Thursday but they are only from 8:00-1:30 So short days and a short week. So I'm sorta relishing this week for all its worth. Trying to go ahead and get things prepared for the next few weeks as well as taking some time to breathe and do a bit of relaxing as well.

Though I can say I finally say that I got to experience a real Soccer match last Sunday. Soccer fans here are so intense--its kind of amazing. I can honestly say that I have never had so much fun at a sporting event in my entire life as watching the Local rivalry match between America de Cali and Deportivo de Cali -- I found my self surrounded by fans of (Depotivo de) Cali Fans and quickly fell in their midst. Cali ended up winning the Game 6-4. I really think I could get into futbol if I get to go to a few more matches while I'm down here. Yes, I know its weird I am slowly becoming a sports fan--but Cali played with so much heart and an intense passion that it was hard not to get swept up in the game and to find myself shouting "GOL!" with thousands of Colombians in the Stadium.

I only wish I'd taken a camera so I could show you all pictures...

No comments: