Friday, November 5, 2010

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November



So I woke up this morning thinking that today was gonna rough. Thinking here I am in a foreign country, only a few friends, and just thinking I was gonna feel like a ship lost at sea.

But I woke up and about 12 friends had already wished me Happy Birthday on facebook. Then I got to school and as word leaked to students they began making me a slew of cards and continuously wishing me "¡Feliz cumpleaƱos!" or "Happy Birthday" as well as two of my classes serenading me. I found out today that I am very glad my third graders love me as much as they do. Because I was pretty much attacked with hugs and was almost knocked to the ground--if they didn't like me... they could easily kill me.

But the Highlight of the day so far was that I was told that at one point Roberto NEEDED to speak with me. So I went to his office during the morning break... and he told me to just wait a moment, then he walked me right back to the Bilingual Office, where I opened to find my fellow English teachers waiting to surprise me. I can't believe how much everyone has gone out of their way for me today. As well as seeing that about forty or more friends had posted on my face book when I checked it on my prep period--its been a much day than I expected it to be. :)

2 comments:

Brittney G said...

Happy Birthday Mitchell <3

mom said...

Awwww....I'm so glad you had a great day. We really missed you!! Red Velvet cake when you get home!

Love,

Mom