Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hope is on the horizon...

Okay we still don't have the high schoolers grouped into their respective levels of English abilities yet--but today we should be getting test results back so that hopefully tomorrow or at worst Friday we will have them into the right classes and can have them get books and I can actually start teaching.

Other than that its been an interesting week so far. On Monday I was sick I think it may have been a recurrence of my old migraine problem. Being I had a terrible headache Sunday night and ended up being physically ill around 4 am on Monday morning--so I stayed home. Unfortunately that means I missed the Principal quitting. I've heard a couple different things but I'm hoping it will be for the best. I really was not unbelievably impressed with her leadership abilities. But she was a very nice person to be around and i know she will be missed.

There are a few other interesting issues I'm trying to figure out exactly how to deal with but everything will come in time I'm sure. The pace of things is just really different here and I need to adjust to that--otherwise, I'll have a mental breakdown.

Oh, and one other thing I adjusted the comments so you do not have to be a user or sign up to leave them. I've been told it works fairly easily so feel free to say hi or leave any advice you may have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember how many people love you and are lifting you in prayer daily. You are doing an awesome work...lean on Him for strength! Love you

Sonia

Childress said...

Hi! That was very minty fresh- just as promised!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you were sick on Monday. I know how sick you used to get with those Migranes. I know things will get less complicated for you as more and more time goes by. As anyone flying under the Jolly Roger would do, just "stay the course."

Dad