Saturday, August 28, 2010

Okay update time.

First of all. The after school make up class was decided to be a bust. My co-worker Ada helped me with the students on Thursday morning and it was decided that there was simply too much to attempt to catch the students up on. They were probably 2 years behind what they needed to know to pass the test to advance to the next level. It was deemed a waste of time money and effort for all--So I was let off the hook for Thursday and Friday afternoon and was able to go home and take a nap instead. Yay!

Secondly, I'm moving. Not very far just to a different building in the same complex. I'm moving in with my friends the Valderrama's It spend 95% of my time there anyway. But today there was a big project of transforming their laundry room/junk room into the newly cleaned and painted Laundry/ Mitch's room. It already looks about 150% better.

(If you hadn't talked to me about it the lady the originally had be living with ended up being sorta strange. She lied to the school about being able to speak English--she knows maybe 11 words. She said I was not allowed to cook--she freaked out about me having a bag on the floor and insisted that it had to be in the closet because she had to sweep everyday. She would also remake my bed--close the windows to my room while I was away--causing the room to be unbearably hot when I returned and would unplug my laptop if I left it plugged up to charge.)

Other than that, school starts Wednesday or Miercoles, and I'm a little freaked out but I have high hopes. Though I'm not completely sure if the school is quite ready for the students--the facility or the faculty truth be told. But I have a feeling everything will work itself out. It has so far at least.

No comments: