Thursday, August 19, 2010

Roadtrip, sort of...

Today has been a long an interesting day. It started very early with a meeting for the English teachers at a local distributor for school curriculum called "Books & Books"--which unfortunately was at about 7 a.m.--fortunately we were introduced to the curriculum by a young woman from Cambridge Press named Alejandra--She spoke perfect English with almost no accent meaning I was able to understand her perfectly.

After the meeting we returned to the school where Ada and I began to start cracking down on developing an introductory curriculum before we begin the materials we had just been introduced to--that is until we were both interupted. She was asked to translate something, while the owner of the school asked me to go with him to Bugalagrande--b/c he needed to sign something for his father.

First we picked up two of his friends--a Frenchman and a Canadian--so we had a veritable international convention in the car. We met (my Boss) Luis's family--then went to a local restaurant where I enjoyed what you would think of as a smoothie made from strawberries, milk, ice, and sugar--followed with a Colombian beer (Poker) and then what I could only desribe as the best fried pork tenderloin I've ever had--though it wasn't on a bun or bread it was just served on a plate with fries, sliced onion, lime wedges, green tomatoes, and rice.

After leaving Bugalagrande (which was about an hour drive each way) we went to a local shopping center to meet up w/ Luis's freind Jaime and a few others. Where we sat in the middle of the mall ate, and drank whiskey for about an hour.

In other words by boss asked me to leave work early to hang out, bought my lunch, and asked me to go out w/ him and his and drink. Is it any wonder I love Colombia?

No comments: